Affiliate Marketing Tips for Beginner 2015
Affiliate Marketing at some points may be the best and easiest way to start online. The affiliate does not need to own a product, does not need to provide customer support, no merchant account, no refunds or returns to deal with, no employees required and no headaches. Affiliate programs can be a good source of revenue. The key to maximizing your earnings is engaging your readers. Unlike traditional ads where you are paid for impressions or clicks, affiliates are only paid when or if a specific action is performed. The action might be a purchase or signing up for a newsletter, but regardless, you are not paid until you’ve compelled your readers buy your’s products. With that kind in mind, here are some Tips for affiliate marketing success.
1. Know Your Audience. The affiliate is the pre-seller and has a website, a newsletter or a list that enables traffic to be driven to the retailers’ website in return for a commission. So the product owner deals with everything and the affiliate takes a large proportion of the actual sale. The most successful way to use affiliate programs is to anticipate and meet the needs of your readers. Consider why they are coming to your site. Are you sure that what are you providing that they are looking for? Make sure the affiliate products you are promoting provide a solution to your audience’s problems. If you are writing about golf, don’t put up affiliate ads for printer toner just because everyone has a printer and those programs have a high payout. The people who are coming to read commentary or get stats for their favorite teams aren’t thinking about those things when they’re on your site. The more relevant the ads are to your readers, the more likely they will use them.
2. Be Helpful. Think of affiliate ads as additional resources that complement your content. Give value to your content by making it helpful, useful, and informative. Write Reviews is another working strategy and in my opinion I think it’s the best affiliate marketing tip to help your reader. Here you’re talking about a product on just one page and this will give your readers more insight on the product you’re reviewing. If you really want to get the best out of reviews then you must mentions the features of the products you’re promoting (pros and cons), another way is to also compare your products with competitors as it’ll convince your readers into buying the product you’re promoting.
Creating a special category for reviews is the first thing you must consider. If you look up I’m sure you’re going to see my review category on the navigation bar, implementing this makes your review more visible and accessible for visitors and readers interested in it. You can use a rating plugin to rate the product you’re reviewing, the number of stars determines the quality of the product. Don’t put up a list of your favorite books, hoping people will click on the affiliate link, purchase the books (just because you listed them), so you can cash in on a sale. Take some time to write a detailed review, and use affiliate ads to point them in the right direction if they decide to act on your information. That’s what affiliate ads are for. If you write a great review recommending a book and readers buy the book because of it, you should get something for that.
3. Write Timeless Content and Cloak Your Link. Your old content can still be valuable even though it’s no longer on your front page. Take advantage of the long term opportunities by making sure you provide timeless content and cloak your’s link. First things first, avoid those ugly affiliate links by using a link cloaker. It’s the best way to make your affiliate link decent and short and at the same time increase your click through rate. Normally, which would you go for in. You’re definitely going to go for the shorter link. If visitors come across your older content first, and find that it offers dated information, they will leave right away. Of course, information moves forward, so relevant content changes quickly. You can make your content timeless simply by adding links to your updated articles on your old ones. Many platforms allow you to show “most recent” or “most popular” or “related articles” on every page, so no matter how old the article is, it will always show access to your new ones. Your old content can make money for you indefinitely and do not forget to cloak affiliate link.
4. Select Carefully and Be Transparent. Take the time to go through all the different options for products or services available through the programs. Put some thought into which products or services your readers may need or like. Also, change the ads around often, try different ones, and use different graphics and text to see which are the most effective. And always disclose your affiliations. Your readers will appreciate your honesty, and will feel better about contributing to your earnings.
Remember, your readers are the one to buy your affiliate products and even share your quality content thereby attracting more readers which means more buyers. If you really want to get the best out of affiliate marketing then you have to choose the right product to promote. The first thing to do is to put yourself in your readers shoe and think of what they would buy, get the affiliate product and promote it or you can even create your products and offer it to your readers.
If they sense that you are being less than honest about your affiliations, they are savvy enough to bypass your link and go directly to the vendor just to avoid giving you referral credit. Honesty and full disclosure is a necessary part to building a loyal reader base. They know they are supporting you by using your referral links. It may take some time before you figure out the best formula, and you may also find that you need to continually rotate ads to attract more attention. Make them happy and eager to do so.
5. Content Comes First and Add a Bonus. Above all else, your content must be your highest priority.Your content is your foundation, the life blood on which your’s site exists. Without valuable and helpful content, readers won’t come. Focus on providing excellent content, and the monetizing strategies will work out. Once you start compromising your content to cater to the affiliate programs or any other money making venture, you will lose your readers.
Add a Bonus to your Product. You can personally give discount to your readers after they’ve purchased your product. With this, you’ll lure them into buying the product from you alone. It works especially when there are lots of competitors promoting the same product. Guiding how to use a product after purchase is also another cool bonus. Promising a personal discount in a review works like magic.
Take Action Rule.
There are tons of affiliate marketing tips out there and most bloggers have their different tricks on getting the best out of it. If there’s any method I didn’t mention that’s working for you, feel free to shoot them in the comments below. It won’t be bad if you play with those social media icons on the edge.